Monday, January 7, 2019

Day 4 of my miscarriage.

Day 4 of my miscarriage (written October 21, 2018)
Apparently it’s still happening. I’m still losing my baby. It’s not fast and there’s nothing doctors can do. I spend my days feeling pain and cold and misery. I spent tonight crying. I can’t remember if I cried myself to sleep last night. It seems like a long time ago. I probably did. 
I cry a lot these days. 
I felt so indifferent about being pregnant. I took a test that said positive an hour later, I took another one a week later to check again. I was pregnant. 
I made an appointment to have a professional check the following Monday. I didn’t have time to do much. I didn’t process being pregnant. How can I possibly process something dying inside me. 
I was pretty shitty at being pregnant. I couldn’t get my appetite right or remember my vitamins. I didn’t really get to make a habit of eating properly. 
I ate pineapples, they cause miscarriages. I smoked a few cigarettes a day, that causes miscarriages. 
Sometimes people blame themselves for these things when it isn’t their fault. 
This was my fault. I never wanted kids and now I don’t have one. 
How many times did I wish I wasn’t pregnant. How long was I unsure about my baby. 
I lost my baby. Whatever combination of hell that is my everyday life, came together and I lost my baby. Our baby. 


It was his too. So now I’m an empty vessel, shell of myself and he feels like he has to take responsibility for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment