Monday, January 7, 2019

Broken Tooth

In the middle of leaving China unexpectedly, I was getting a root canal. I had gone to my first appointment where they drilled a hole in the tooth to relive the pain. Going home to America meant, I couldn’t get it fixed because I didn’t have insurance. So I spent the last 7 months, constantly digging food out of the hole. It’s gross but I don’t have thousands of dollars to get it fixed so I dealt with it.
Unfortunately my tooth was getting weaker everyday. Yesterday as I bit into a pizza roll, I also bit into my tooth. It broke off and I almost ate it. Today as I bit into a piece of bread, more of my tooth came with it.
I called the dentist because thanks to pregnancy, I have insurance. Unfortunately it was extremely difficult to find a dentist covered by my insurance. And when I did, they said they can’t see me until February 28th. That’s basically 2 months away. And emergency dental won’t see me because I’m in my first trimester of pregnancy. So either way I have to wait.
I’m worried because I’m afraid to eat anything else. I don’t want to lose more of my tooth or swallow it.
I tried to explain the situation to someone in my family and they completely dismissed me. And thanks to hormones, I’ve locked myself in my room so I can cry. Of course I blame the crying on hormones because while this person was pretty mean to me and hurtful, I never cry. I feel sadness when they get like that but I usually don’t cry.

My next step, now that I’m not face leaking is to call the OB GYN and ask what I can do.

Roy asked me why I was having a bad day today but I couldn’t tell him. At the very least, I’m getting a lot of writing done through everything that’s happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment